Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Big News

Before I left for New York, all of my girlfriends were insisting to me that I’d find some amazing guy that would sweep me off my feet and we’d have this amazing and meaningful fling in the city that never sleeps...et cetera, et cetera. I was very skeptical and didn’t believe them, especially because my love life is often hilariously unfortunate. However, I feel like it’s important to keep everyone in my life (even those I may not know) in the loop and finally express my joy to the world.

I’m in love.

I know what you’re thinking: “She’s only been in New York for less than two weeks. How can she be sure? She’s crazy.” But that’s where I pull the cliché line that you’re wrong. I met this guy almost immediately upon my arrival to Manhattan. I was instantly captivated by his stunning green eyes and his strawberry-blonde hair. Besides a quick hello at first, he mostly kept to himself. He’s definitely more of one of those strong-but-silent-types, and I’d catch him looking at me from a distance before quickly glancing away in order to appear uninterested. 

For the first time in my life, I tried playing it cool as well and casually began avoiding him. After a day or two of this, he ended up breaking down and coming over to me, and it’s been an instant attraction on both ends ever since. He’s definitely not my usual type, but I’ve grown to appreciate his quirks over the past week and a half. We’ve spent many a late night enjoying each other’s company, and he’s always down to cuddle with me whenever we watch movies.

Everyone always says that when you’re in love, you just know it. There may have been times in the past when I thought I knew love, but now I know that I was wrong. I never knew this kind of love until recently. I hope that all of you will someday have the love that I’ve found with my guy with someone that you care about, because it’s truly magical.


So yes. I’m in love with a wonderful guy, and I’d like for you to meet him. His name is Lieutenant Sebastian Woolypants. And yes, he is a cat.


1 comment:

  1. I'm still laughing...and lovin' reading your blog posts. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete